Choquequirao was the dwelling of the last rebel Incas of Vilcabamba and similar to Machu Picchu; and it is thought that the Spanish never discovered it. The main ruins of this trek — Choquequirao, Llactapata, & Machu Picchu — all have their own distinct features and functions. The Incas built an all encompassing trail system; spanning these sites and the whole of the Sacred Valley, making for an adventurous trek.
- Experience the ancient ruins of Choquequirao, “Sister City” of Machu Picchu
- Pass through the recently-uncovered ruins of Picha Unuyoc
- Descend down to the Rio Blanco for a refreshing dip in the river
- Climb the Abra San Juan pass (4150m) with views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba
- Finish the trek at Machu Picchu, and explore the ruins at sunrise
- 4 – 5 Days trekking to the Inca Citdel of Choquequirao
- 7 – 8 Days trekking through from Choquequirao to Machu Picchu